Been enjoying lots of the fruits of my labor lately with the garden "coming in." I have more squash, peppers, and tomatoes than we can eat. Guess I'll to start putting some stuff up. I checked out the Galax Old Fiddlers Convention this past weekend and they had a great turn out, more than I had ever seen there. I got to say hello to some old friends who I only see at Galax and heard some great music.
I also got to meet Chris Shackleford, director of the Chestnut Creek School of the Arts in Galax and look forward to getting involved with them as time allows and as they need me to help. That's going to be a great addition to the area once they get up and rolling.
I also checked out the Steppin' Out in downtown Blacksburg, VA on Friday night. Talk about a mob scene, that was it and I could not wait to get outta there. I hope to be at Fries Fiddlers Convention in Carroll County, VA this coming weekend. That's a nice small convention with good local old time music. Come on out.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment